Sunday, February 24, 2013

Last bits of 2012...

After a brief (ok...rather long) hiatus I return with some updates! Much has happened over the past few months including some travel, celebrations, work and a bunch of Ultimate.

Starting where I left off...the week after returning from CFC I was off to London to visit Herm for the first time.



Herm's new home in Finsbury Park! 
(Top floor)



Herm and I at Tower Bridge














I returned to Madrid on the Monday evening and Herm wasn't far behind as he arrived in Madrid only a day later for an upcoming tournament.

Thanks to a long weekend the Quijotes were able to organise a day tournament for local teams, Ultimate Frisbee in Madrid.


Post-game salutation

It's no high-5 in Spain...kisses are customary!

(Photo credits to fellow Dulcinea, Vanessa)



That weekend was Chiripones, a  beach hat tournament in Huelva organised by Fribillanas, the Andalusian team based in Sevilla.



Q+D at Chiripones
(Photo credit to Frisbillanas)











It was a great weekend spent on the beach. The tournament had a tribal theme and so my team was called the Zulus (pictured right).

(Photo cred to Zulu teammate, Alvaro)




I was honoured to be given the team's "talisman" for being a team player (pictured left).




(Photo cred to Ruthie)













Post-tournament, Herm returned to London and the following weekend the Quijotes celebrated the autumn finals of our in-house league.








Unfortunately my team lost both semis and finals...but was a great time and I was proud to win top offensive and defensive player!

(Liga photo credit to Vanessa)

In the evening I was host to the team's Christmas party.

I prepared for the party with some decorations (left), food was contributed by everyone (below),...















...and a good time (not pictured) was had by all! 


My apartment on the other hand took a bit of a hit and the neighbours weren't too happy. 



Max helping me clean and enjoying some leftover jamon...






The week after I finished work for the holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on the awards at Chipirones and Q+D fall league. I didn't know about them - that's great! You're amazing! : ) Hope the neighbors didn't have too much of a fit over the Christmas party, did they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Ya, it was actually a pretty big issue with the neighbors, but it blew over! Going to keep get togethers small from now on...haha

    ReplyDelete