Sunday, February 24, 2013

A British Christmas in 2012

On December 20th I was off to have a British Christmas! An unusual holiday away from the family I attempted to bring some of the Kennell family traditions to London.

Herm making 3D snowflakes! 

Not actually an annual tradition but something I had made my students do in school...naturally Hermann suffered the same fate. 




Stringing popcorn!









Homemade egg nog!


It being a staple at Christmas and virtually impossible to find in London, we made it ourselves, a first for both of us. 






Trip to Brighton!

Ok so maybe not a Christmas tradition... but a nice weekend trip over the holiday. 









Not the best weather...but of course very British. 



























Christmas Tree decorating!





And the final product, presents and all.









Herm made Calzones for Christmas dinner!










Christmas baking!

Mince meat pie
Christmas cookies















Happy (Belated) Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Ah - stringing popcorn! Great! I cut out paper snowflakes when I was home too, got the whole family to join in. When I saw the calzones I thought, "Hey, they ate calzones that night we played Sorry (Trouble?)" -- then remembered that had been Christmas Eve. : )

    ReplyDelete